I have photos to post but no time to do it. We are working hard to at least try and get one room on the farm painted, decorated and finished so that we at least feel like we've accomplished something! We're tired of being in survival mode and want to get back to living. We moved in a hurry. Shortly after moving Paul went to Oregon for grad school and when he got home he had three intense weeks of working on his Master's projects. So finally all that is done and we can start working on the house again!!
It's extremely hot outside already today and it's only 10:15 a.m.! They say the heat index will be 105 today! I really wish we had central air on the farm - maybe someday! At least we have window units! Paul and I have tickets to see the I-Cubs tonight in Des Moines (thank you Ann!) but aren't sure we are going to go if it is that warm and humid!
Also please keep our friend Thomas Wilson in your prayers. His mother passed away yesterday while everyone was out of state in Nebraska. We saw her just last Friday at a Celebration Iowa show. But obviously this is a very tough time for his family. A year ago he buried his sister and a few years prior to that a brother - so please keep him and his family in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment