Sunday, March 15, 2009

It's a bird; It's a plane; No it's a......

It's a bald eagle!!
We stopped at the farm Sunday morning to drop another load of our stuff off. We are storing things in the chicken house so that we can get our house staged and show ready this week. (Hopefully it sells quickly!)
But I stepped out of the van and something caught my eye up in one of the trees. It was very high up and I could tell was a very large bird. I thought at first "what in the world is a vulture doing on the farm." Then it turned it's head and I saw the yellow beak and white head. I yelled at Paul. He poked his head out of the chicken house and about that time the bird swooped down and then flew across the neighboring field. What a beautiful bird. It's wings were huge!!
Hopefully since we will be near the Des Moines River bottoms, we will see more of the bald eagle!

No comments: