Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Big Milestones

We've hit some big milestones at our house lately.

On Monday Emilia sat up all by herself. She was pretty proud of herself too! Time for the Bumbo chair to go to cousin Wyatt now!

Grace had her first real haircut last Friday. We've trimmed her bangs up until now. But her hair was getting so long that it was nearly to her butt! So we took off a bunch and it is now just below her shoulders. I don't know what it was, but it was very sad for me!

Grace has also learned that she likes to be independent. Lately she's been helping herself to all of the food in the fridge and also to the Pringles that Daddy left on the countertop. Grace walked into the living room yesterday with a handful of Pringles and an apple in the other. When I asked her to show me how she got them, she walked into the kitchen, opened the fridge and then opened the crisper. Then she walked over to the countertop and grabbed the Pringles can. I was floored! My little girl doesn't need me anymore! I was sad until she asked me for juice. At least she needs me for something!!

Grace is also very vocal lately! I think all of the exposure at day care has really helped her vocabulary - so had Dora. Grace told me yesterday that she wants to have her own backpack and map. I can't wait for her to open presents on Christmas Day and realize that Santa heard her wish and she'll get her own Dora backpack, map and telescope!

No comments: