Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Our little bookworm

Grace went to the library for the first time today!! And of course, she LOVED IT!!

Every Tuesday morning, the local library has pre-school story hour and our day care provider takes the kids (that are old enough.) This was the first time that Grace had been in any situation like this and I'll admit - I'm jealous not only that Grace got to go to the library, but that I didn't get to go with her!

Lauri (our day care provider) told me that the story of the day was all about apples. The kids got to listen to the book, make crafts and have music time. Lauri said that at first Grace was very skiddish, but then she jumped right in. In fact, she said that at one point, a few kids had their names called and were able to go up front and help the librarian move the worm to his apple on the white board. Grace's name was called. She looked at Lauri with a "what do I do?" look and Lauri said that she told Grace that it was ok. Grace trotted up to the front, but then realized she was surrounded by a lot of people. Lauri said that she had a short panicked moment, but the librarian helped her get back on track. I'm told that she had quite the proud look on her face when she went back to her seat.
When I came to pick her up today, she ran to me and told me all about the "bribray" and the "apples."

I might have to ask for a long break on Tuesday mornings. I wish I could have been there to see it!!

1 comment:

Nana Ann said...

That's my girl, Grace! Glad you liked the library. Books are Fun!
love, Nana (Techie/Librarian)