Thursday, May 1, 2008

Baby sister, brother or ....

We have a daily routine each morning on our way to day care. We drive down a certain country back road so that we can pass a pasture full of about 100+ cows. Typically the cows are grazing near the fence so Grace can get a good look at them. If we are the only ones on the road - as we usually are - then I will slow down to a snail's pace so that Grace can see them. She will say hi to the cows and moo at them the whole time we are driving by. Once we pass them, she will usually say "bye cows" and go back to eating her breakfast cereal.
Our routine was the same this morning. I slowed down so that Grace could say hi to her cow friends and she moo'd at them for a good 30-45 seconds.
Further down the road, Grace began talking about Mi-mi (Emilia). I asked Grace if she would like a baby sister or brother as she usually says "sista" and gets all excited.
Today she very promptly told me "no!" When I asked what she did want she told me...

"Baby cow please!"

Thank goodness it doesn't work that way!!

1 comment:

Laura Ann said...

ha ha, good thing you dont have to birth a cow!!