Saturday, September 19, 2009

The things 3-year old's say

Grace continues to ask hilarious questions about the coming baby Bloomquist III. Today she asked if she could take the baby for a ride in her stroller. When I looked at her funny she said no - my tummy was too big for her baby stroller. The things she thinks of!!

We have names picked out and plan to name baby B the same as we did with the other two - the day of the ultrasound. I won't give away our boy's name but Grace is pretty excited about our little girl's name - Ruby. Grace's favorite tv show right now is a cartoon called Ruby & Max on Nickelodeon Noggin. She thinks it's very cool that she might have a sister named Ruby just like on tv. Actually I'm a huge fan of historical fiction/non-fiction and Cold Mountain is one of my absolute favorites. The main characters are Ada and Ruby - and I just love the name. There's a great song on the soundtrack also called "Ruby with the eyes that sparkle." Kind of fittng for our blue eyed kids! Paul thinks it's pretty cool because there's also a Thelonius Monk song called "Ruby." Grace talks alot about Baby Ruby - which is why we're letting this part of the cat out of the bag early. Do we know it's a girl ? Nope. We won't find out until the middle of October. But with Grace telling everyone about Baby Ruby, I thought we should probably get the word out to family. We'll try to keep our boy's name a surprise - just in case.

1 comment:

Emilie said...

Oh Kelli...you are SO GOOD at naming kids!! I'd trust you to name mine any day. Ruby is one of my favorite names. I'm looking forward to learning your pick if this one is a boy! :)