Monday, April 21, 2008

Flip-Flop

Had the typical OB doctor's visit today only to find out that I have walking pneumonia (no surprise - I figured as much) but also that Emilia has flipped backwards. Two weeks ago at our last visit she was head down as she should be. Well evidently she is more comfortable being butt down because that's where she is right now. I have two weeks to get her back in the head down position (35 weeks.) After that the doctor will manually try to turn her. (36 weeks. Ouch!) If that doesn't work then the doctor won't even try to start me at 37 weeks as she normally does with moms. I'll be doomed with a c-section. Sections are fine, except for the fact that Paul will be gone June 20th-July 9th and after a c-section you aren't allowed to drive because of the pain meds or lift anything, etc. and that would make those three weeks with the girls terribly miserable.

So here goes. For the next two weeks I'll be sitting on top of my exercise ball and on all fours rocking back and forth hoping to get this kid to turn head down.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Laura Ann said...

good luck Kelly!! We'll be praying for you!