Sunday, March 23, 2008

I got the job!!

It has been such a busy week that I haven't had a chance to post my good news! I got the job that I have been hoping and praying for!

I will be the new Administrative Assistant for the Homeland Security Training Center at Iowa Central Community College.

It is going to be a great job and I've met and even know some of the people that I will be working with and it will be a lot of fun. I decided that it was time to get out of journalism. I don't need the adrenaline rush of covering accident, etc. or the stress of meeting a deadline that was set 30 minutes out. It's time for a job that is fulfilling and allows me to be a mom too and this one will be perfect!

Paul also works at Iowa Central and we will work just across the street from each other so we'll get to eat lunch together sometimes and hopefully (depending on his schedule) car pool together.

I start part time this week (Tuesday and Thursday) and will begin full-time on the 31st.

2 comments:

Emilie said...

Kelli!!! I can't believe it! Well, I can...but it seems like so long ago when you first heard about this position. I COULD NOT be happier for you! Congratulations!! Getting a chance to sneak off with Paul for lunch sounds great, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kelli, I'm so happy for you!! They are lucky to have you on board!